Mark Coleman - Fresno Criminal Lawyer

Ask A Lawyer: What can I do to help a jailed mental health patient?

Ask a Lawyer is an occasional feature that highlights the answers that the attorneys at the Law Offices of Law Office of Roger Nuttall give to questions asked at 

Is there anything I can do to help my daughter with mental health issues who is in county jail?

You need to be careful in your selection of who is going to represent your daughter. You will need an attorney who is well versed in handling mental health related cases since your daughters criminal case seems to be intimately intertwined with her mental health. Your daughter may have some defenses due to her mental state but those defenses can have a major impact on her life and you will want to someone with experience to be able explain that to her.

As much as I can say not to worry, I’m sure you still will. But our court system does have mechanisms in place to help people just like your daughter, it will take time and if all goes correctly she may be able to regain her mental health.


Categorised in: